Within the customer contact space, there is a great deal of interest in how artificial intelligence (AI) can work to deliver a superior customer experience at every hour of the day, across channels, leveraging the vast amounts of data that are available to many large organizations.
As AI can be given access to all of the relevant data a company holds on its customers, as well as unstructured data held elsewhere (for example, forums or social media channels), it has a far wider source of knowledge from which to draw, compared to human agents. In theory, an AI with sufficient sophistication could make human agents all but unnecessary, but for the foreseeable future, AI will usually work alongside its human colleagues.
Striking findings in the report include how the most important factor determining the future success of the customer experience program was not technology-related, but rather a requirement for the continuing and strengthening executive commitment to improving customer experience, without which the multi-departmental CX initiatives could not hope to succeed.
Download this report from Contact Babel’s Inner Circle Guide:
- Improve self-service and assisted service
- Analytics & AI in card fraud reduction and identity verification
- Optimize business processes
- Improve workforce optimization and training
- The effect of AI: agent replacement or augmentation
- Current use and future plans for AI
- The future of AI in the contact center
Download this survey filled report!